Machine Learning Engineer
Published January 2021
We are looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup.
Our team is building the platform Squirro, an Unstructured Data Discovery and Analysis platform. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with a very easy-to-use interface so that you can easily and quickly unearth gold in your landfills of digital data.
- Bring machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to our core Squirro platform
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with experiments, and later productize solutions
- Develop new IP to further expand Squirro’s USPs
- Work hands-on with our team of backend engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams
- Provide consulting for customer-specific applications of Squirro with respect to solutions based on machine learning when needed.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning or related field preferred
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
- Good communication skills with fluency in English
- Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene)
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states or work permit in the UK
Our headquarter is located in Zurich, Switzerland. Get in Touch
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +41 44 586 98 98
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested in...
We are looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup. Our team is building the platform which powers Squirro, an Insights Engine which makes unstructured Big Data easily accessible, searchable, and understandable. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology