Senior Information Retrieval Engineer
Published November 2020
We are looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup. Our team is building the platform which powers Squirro, an Insights Engine which makes unstructured Big Data easily accessible, searchable, and understandable. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with search techniques and machine learning with a very easy-to-use interface so that you can easily and quickly unearth gold in your landfills of digital data.
The ideal candidate has experience solving real-world search and search relevance challenges in large scale search systems. You have a strong track record of building machine learning models and deploying them in low latency, high scale production environments.
- Design, develop, and support search and search relevance features on a diverse corpus of data including structured and unstructured data.
- Write clean, robust, and reliable code that scales and performs.
- Participate in product and feature reviews and design improvements.
- Use your experience and imagination to shape the direction of the product.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science from a technical university (ETHZ, EPFL) or college of equal standing.
- 3+ years software development experience including experience with information retrieval technologies and frameworks (Elasticsearch, Lucene).
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms and time series analysis and anomaly detection algorithms.
- Experience with Python programming.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Hands-on experience in positions focussed on Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing.
- Experience with Cloud Deployments and Configuration Management.
Candidates to apply directly. We do not accept applications from third parties. Thank you.
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested in...
We are looking for a Solution Consultant with about two years of work experience to join our fast-moving startup team in London. Our team is implementing the Squirro platform, an unstructured data discovery and analysis platform for our customers. Responsibilities Your primary responsibility will be the
We are looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup. Our team is building the platform Squirro, an Unstructured Data Discovery and Analysis platform. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with a very easy-to-use interface so that you