Senior DevOps Engineer
Zürich – Updated January 2020
We’re looking for senior devops engineer to join our team, which is building a platform, called Squirro, for unstructured data analysis.
Squirro can ingest data from anywhere, be it public on the web or social medium or internal, such as a CRM, database or ITSM system, and add structure to it so that it can be delivered to business users using our dashboard visualisations or consumed by other systems using our APIs. We add structure to unstructured data by employing a range of techniques, from statistical and Bayesian models to supervised and unsupervised machine learning which we serve to our customers as a unified and patented technology we call Smartfilters. Meanwhile, for our users, we provide a simple interface to access these technologies so that anyone with basic analytical skills can get value out of their companies unstructured data.
An example use case for Squirro could be analysing customer support emails. One of our customers may be processing thousands of support requests every day from their customers. Squirro adds structure those emails by clustering them into groups such as “address change”, “billing inquiry”, “unhappy customer” thereby enabling our customer to process those emails more efficiently and address unhappy customers quickly, before they churn. What’s more, they could employ our patent-pending trend detection system to identify to unusual spikes or drops in activity.
Our customers are some of the largest banks and financial institutions in the world, across the US, UK, EU, Switzerland and Asia. Many of our customers are just beginning to discover the potential of unstructured data analysis and we’re excited by the opportunity as an early mover in this young market. While we host some of these customers in the cloud, the majority prefer to install Squirro on-premise for security reasons.
- We’ve built a great foundation – be the champion to take the technical operation of Squirro to new heights
- Use your experience and imagination to help us develop, operate and maintain Squirro.
- Design, implement, and maintain continuous build and deployment delivery mechanisms, leveraging innovative programmatic solutions and automation
- Exceptional programming experience in various languages (we use Python)
- Experience with a Configuration Management Systems (we use Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with testing and test-driven development
- Good communication skills with fluency in English
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states or work permit in the UK
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- Experience with the open source projects powering our stack are a big plus: Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, MySQL, …
Working with us
Squirro is a Swiss startup with an international flavour. Our team of passionate technology geeks and entrepreneurs mix local “Swissness” with American, German, French, Russian, Indian, Portuguese, Polish and British into an all-round startup team that combines the excellence of the ETH and EPFL with experience from technology companies such as Microsoft and Google as well as Swiss players such as local.ch and DeinDeal.
Most of all we’re serious about building a world-class company and our compensation package includes shares because we believe our employees should be rewarded for their hard work and dedication.
Our engineering office is in the heart of Zürich, with easy access to public transport.