Senior UI / UX Designer
Zurich – Updated October 2019
What we have in mind
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you are responsible for overseeing user experience on varied customer projects. You understand the business requirement and the end-user needs by collaborating with the stakeholders, customers, and the end-users. You well-communicate your design decisions to the customers and incorporate their feedback to further improve the designs. You work with the developers to design the features and implement the designs successfully. Your problem-solving ability and creativity helps the design team to keep up the design standards and develop cohesive user experience in all applications built using the Squirro insights platform.
You pay attention to the details. You talk the design language and justify your designs with logical reasoning. You are open to constructive criticism and do not hesitate to share an opinion different from your colleagues. You take ownership of your tasks and drive the design stories. You get to learn about and contribute to core product pieces like data visualization, dashboard concepts, data insights and many more aspects related to our product. You interact with the clients and the end-users to develop the best designs and user experience and explain your final design decisions.
- Design consultant on customer projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders and customers to understand the business requirements and user needs and deliver innovative designs.
- Organize different design exercises like user personas, user journey mapping, sitemapping, etc to develop user-centric designs.
- Create UI mockups, build dashboards and create color themes based on the customer styleguide.
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop the design successfully
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes, spec sheet to communicate your ideas.
- Conduct usability testings and use the outcomes to influence the product direction
- Follow Squirro style guide to deliver consistent design, bring in best practices and industry standards into the product.
- Take responsibility for your tasks. Plan your work to deliver well on time.
- Dutiful documentation of designs, processes and user feedback
- Able to multi-task and produce quality work in a timely fashion.
- Willingness to travel to the customer site.
- Maintain and reinvent the styleguide periodically
- Min. 5 years of work experience in UX/UI design field
- Successfully have lead and delivered on customer projects / tasks
- Experience conducting user research and design workshops
- Successful execution of UX workflows and design processes
- Knowledge of different design languages and UI libraries.
- Experience in creating sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc. In-depth knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, Zeplin, MS Office or similar tools.
- Experience conducting usability tests
- Experience interacting and working together with the end-user
- Experience in designing for different devices, screen resolutions, responsiveness, and integration environments to produce high-quality visual designs
- Command in gestures, animations and UX patterns on mobile
- Thorough knowledge of Google material design
- Good communication skills with fluency in English
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states