Celebrating Squirrel Appreciation Day
January 21st 2013 will go down in history as the day when Barack H. Obama pronounced the inaugural speech of his second term and that is indeed important.
But January 21st 2013 also has another historical significance, it is the 12th international squirrel appreciation day!
To celebrate our little mascot, here are some interesting facts about our furry friend:
- There are 285 types of squirrels in the world
- They can run at over 30km/h
- They eat a LOT, in fact they can eat their body weight in food in a week by comparison a human being eats on average 1/10 of their weight per week!
- Their teeth grow all through their life
- They can jump up to 6 meters
- They are able to find the food they bury, by rubbing it on their fur or licking it, therefore leaving a scent tat they’ll recognize
You can find more information about Squirrel Appreciation Day here.